POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Blender hmmmm... : Re: Blender hmmmm... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender hmmmm...
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Aug 2009 11:10:41
Message: <4a7c43f1$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Sorry, but I fail to see how a cludgy text-based 80's file open
> interface that doesn't even allow you to select network locations or
> change view settings is "more optimised" than the standard Windows file
> open dialog.

I'm not defending Blender's UI. I'm simply saying that neither "each program
has its best interface regardless of platform" nor "platform absolutely
dictates form of the interface" is a good position to take. You have to look
at the usage of the software.

I agree blender's UI sucks. I disagree that it sucks *because* it doesn't
match the platform.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."